Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What Next???


Did you know Barbie's best friend, Midge, is expecting her second child? I didn't know she was having the first one!! Someone thought this was a good idea but doing the research on this doll, I found there was a huge controversy that ended with it being pulled from the shelves before it had time to collect dust. Really, it is the most natural of events, I mean, Midge did marry her boyfriend, Alan, before getting pregnant, and of course, it would be normal for a "married" couple to start a family. The only thing un-natural is that it is a "doll"! But there are parents that do not want to expose their children to learning about the "birds and the bees" by means of a pregnant doll, married or not. It puts them in the position to still have to explain "how". Still, personally, I think it is clever and weird and when I saw the doll I had to have one. So, here she is. I sure would be interested in your thoughts on the subject...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting doll! Is the baby in the tummy in some way? How did it work?