Friday, November 20, 2009

My Buddy!


It is so funny the things you find when you move. This is Harley when she was only about 4 months old. I got her from a lady that use to cut my hair. She didn't know what to do with her because the mama kitty had died and left only this one kitten when she was 3 weeks old. I took her and nurse her with a bottle and she flourished! Actually she became a holy terror! But as you can see we bonded big time. This was not a set up pose. Every time I would do dishes she would climb up my body like a tree and flop on my shoulder just like you see here! When she got a bit too big and heavy for me to handle her climbing up, I would have to pick her up and let her be on my shoulder "before" starting dishes because if I didn't I got a very painful surprise! Harley will be 14 years old in Dec. She still is my best buddy but doesn't do much of the shoulder lounging anymore. Now she waits until bedtime and sleeps under the covers cradled in my arm. Animals are so endearing.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh how gorgeous is that:) I love dogs and cats, but am oh so allergic:(