Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Back from the Dead!!!

Hello everyone that has checked and wonder where the heck I have been!! I never intended to let so much time go by and not add something on this blog but I had a little trouble getting much accomplished these past couple of weeks.... Let's just say a nasty cold really wiped me out!

But now I'm back and I have some exciting things to share with you....

First, the weather is not improving much around the dollhouse but it seems there is a lot of "green" growth around, unfortunately it is moss! I think we actually live in a rain forest of sorts! It will be interesting to see what the next few months bring...

Second, I want to introduce some fantastic furniture made by my friend, Ron, who has been a wood crafter and cabinet maker for over 60 years so he is kind of good at it! lol. He makes beautiful and unique tables with different exotic woods. I asked him one day if he ever thought of making furniture for dolls like Barbie and that just got the ball rolling. He made a miniature of his signature side table and Oh my! Check this out!!!
Of course the pictures can not truly show how amazing and beautiful this piece is. It is made from a walnut burl and hand rubbed with oil to bring out the natural color of the wood and the top is designed to "waterfall" over the sides, which means that the wood pattern is carried over the edge. The legs are inlaid and curved. The drawer really works too. All that is missing is the pull knob but that is being worked on. Right now he is putting together a set that includes 2 side tables, 1 coffee table and 1 back of the couch table and when he is done I will be offering it on my website for sale. This is exquisite and not something to be purchased for a child's play, although, it is much more durable then the plastic junk that is available on the market. I would say this is more to the collectors taste to display proudly.
I'll be taking more pictures to show off the set here on my blog and I hope to have more furniture offers in the near future.
Please leave comments on what you think of this piece and the idea of having fine wood furniture for dolls like Barbie. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh how beautiful are these!!! I will be putting in my order when I can find the money;) Tell your friend they are exquisite and he will do very well with them, can't wait to see more of the collection.