Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby, it’s cold outside!!

It has been a bit frosty out… no snow, just frost. There was talk of snow but I think it was only hopeful wishing. Still it has been at and below freezing.

IMG_1890 IMG_1891

I emptied the fountain several times only to have it fill again with rain. Now it is solid ice. Looks really cool! These aren’t the best shot because it was dark out and I relied on the flash.

IMG_1894IMG_1895

The river is amazing right now. With all the rain we got, it is running very high and fast. It is twice as wide as it was during the summer. Fishermen are interesting to watch standing in their boats. It is a real balance act as the boat sways in the currant.

IMG_1669 (1024x683)IMG_1670 (1024x683)

I took my feeders for the hummingbirds down but the little guys wouldn’t go away and keep flying outside the window looking for me! So I put the feeders out for them in the morning and bring them in at night so they don’t freeze. The birds seem to be quite happy with this arrangement, but if I don’t have them out by 8 they come looking for me!!

IMG_1872IMG_1875

There are 3 beautiful males and at least 2 females that frequent the feeder. This one is playing peek-a-boo with me. They have such unique personalities.

Well, it is a new year now. Hard to think of where the last one went! I hope this year proves to be a good one. My goals are simple, I would just like to catch-up with all the things I have on my list of things to finish. Then, of course, it would be nice to lose a few pounds!! Hahaha

I hope everyone’s 2011 is a good and prosperous year.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog, I collect dolls too and look forward to visiting. I collect Barbies and Marie osmond porcelain dolls mostly, I also collect carousel horse figurines and teddy bears...it's nice to meet you! Jeenifer