Friday, April 29, 2011

Has it REALLY been that long??

Where does the time go?? I swear I just blinked and I was at the doll show!! So much has happened I don't know where to begin. I got a new car!! Yaaaaaaaa!!! My perfect hubby bought me a Hyundai Sonata and I love it!!

Isn't it pretty?

We have had a terrible Spring. I could count on one hand how many nice sunny days we've had and I'd have three finger and a thumb left over!! It even was trying to snow yesterday morning!! I can not complain though really, my goodness, we haven't had the devastation from the tornadoes like they had in Alabama. Scary!! My heart goes out to all those families that have lost so much including loved ones.

Some of my family came out to visit from Montana, my sister and husband brought my mom out. My poor mom was so sick the entire time. We had one good day that allowed me to take her to see her sister but after that she was in bed!! My sister and her husband took a little trip to the coast for some alone time and ended up cutting that short, partly because of the lousy weather but mostly to take mom back home. It was just bad timing for this visit. I never even got to see my sister because I got sick!!! Go figure.

I have spent little time in the doll studio the past few weeks. But I did do a few things. A friend contacted me to make some replacement items on a vintage outfit. Here are a couple of photos of the completed outfit. I made the socks and the little scarf.
I had to search high and low to match that turquoise as well as the texture for the socks. I found a new pair of anklet socks that matched so I made the main sock out of one. The trim at the top was a challenge. I had to paint the succotash trim with a yellow dye. The neck tie was made from a vintage hankie that I took a strip from and rolled hemmed the edges. My friend was thrilled.

Well, I have more to share but I'll start another thread for that. Thanks for listening!


No comments: