Friday, August 5, 2011

Catching Up!!!

Hello all,  no, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!!  It has just been a crazy Summer.  Weather has been strange, much cooler then a normal summer and wet.  We have had some interesting company in our yard that has been a surprise as well as welcomed.  The most surprising was the adult black bear!  I think it was just as surprised to find itself in our yard as we were to see it there.  It quickly returned to the woods and we haven't seen it since.

Adult black bear


A young buck and his female companion

Heading toward the river



One of the many baby bunnies saying hello!

These critters were some of the highlights of the past 2 months.  I have to have my camera ready at all times!  I missed the bobcat!!

I have been busy doing so many things I don't even know where to begin.  It has been a busy time of family visits too.  I have my nephew visiting from Wisconsin right now.  He will be here for 2 weeks.  We have gone to the beach, visited the mall and toured Fort Vancouver so far and that brings us to day three!  I think he is having fun.  It is his first time being out of his home state, first time to see the ocean, first time to see "real" mountains and a live volcano and visit the most amazing waterfalls.  I have a packed schedule for him.  I hope I can survive it!!  LOL
Truly I just want him to have a great experience and take home fabulous memories.  I'll share a few of the photos that show some of the high lights starting tomorrow.  Right now, I'm off to bed...  today was exhausting!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm not sure about surprising - more like scary!! Welcome back, you have been missed dearly:D