Saturday, December 5, 2009

New Design - The Knitted Shawl

I have wanted to make a shawl for awhile now but never seemed to have the right pattern clear in my mind. Crocheting one always came out too stiff but I still wanted the lacy look. So, I sat down with a pen and paper and worked out the lovely design. Made with a fine fingering yarn in a soft white with very tiny needles. The lacy designs is created with a series of YO and K2Tog. If you are a knitter, you know what that means.

Adding the fringe was time-consuming but so worth the effort I think. I left it longer because I liked the grace it lends to the look.

There is a little silver butterfly bead on the point, I thought gave it a touch of class. Around the neck the edge naturally rolls softly into a collar and hugs the shoulders. Over all, this is a beautiful feminine article to add to any wardrobe, and can be worn with many outfits.


No comments: